The SWPPP was approved on March 17, 2014, by Minnesota Pollution Control; Watab Township is a mandated small MS4 (Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System.)

Any resident or contractor doing construction in Watab Township must complete a questionnaire on whether or not the project requires a Land Disturbance Permit or must submit the Land Disturbance Permit Application. Watab Township is required to have an Erosion and Sediment Control Ordinance by State Law and the Federal Clean Waters Act. All land disturbing activities are subject to the ordinance.

How Does the Process Work?
Submit a completed Questionnaire and/or Land Disturbance Permit Application. The application includes a Site Plan that shows the Best Management Practices that will be used during construction for stormwater management. The township will review your application and contact you with any questions. Then the application will be approved, possibly with conditions. Notice of coverage is picked up by the permittee, and at this time the permit fee is paid if required. There is no permit fee for a single-family residence unless an acre or more of land is disturbed. However, a SWPPP plan must be approved for all single-family homes or projects that disturb more than one acre.

Where Do I Get a Questionnaire?
These are available at the Town Hall in the outside mailbox along with the building permits. No Building Permits will be issued without the completion of this questionnaire. If your project requires the Land Disturbance Permit, you will also need to have that approved by the township before the Building Permit is issued. The township has fifteen days for review and approval/denial of the Land Disturbance Permit Application.

Click each document below for the forms or further information:

Contact Julie Johnson for further information on any of the above information at 320-248-5245 or by email at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.